How we helped complete the construction of facilities for the 2018 World Cup ahead of schedule
Goals and objectives
The complex challenge was to automate the planning, collection, and processing of data on the construction and reconstruction of facilities for the 2018 World Cup.
- Collecting information on facilities throughout the Russian Federation on an operational basis.
- Monitoring the financial support of programs at the federal and regional levels.
- Monitoring the schedule of works, both for individual objects, and at the level of a region.
- Aggregating information on supporting events.
- Detailing data on specific objects: actual and planned costs, structure of works performed, pictures of the current stage of the project.
Implementation of the tasks required to introduce some interconnected modules.
It allowed to properly understand the actual situation in a particular region and to compile a schedule of upcoming works on its basis. The planning horizon included not only sports facilities, but also the associated infrastructure: communications, transport, healthcare, and hotel service facilities.
It was used to monitor the current financial situation at individual facilities – within the regions and throughout the country. As part of this module, the information on the planned funding and actual costs was collected and adjusted for the degree of the facility completion. This allowed to manage the budget flexibly, avoiding work breaks and cost overruns.